Wrigley’s Extra Sugar-free Chewing Gum Refreshing Peppermint Flavour Freshens Breath With Xylitol Helps with Oral Hygiene for Healthy Teeth & Gums 30x 10-Packs

£7.8
FREE Shipping

Wrigley’s Extra Sugar-free Chewing Gum Refreshing Peppermint Flavour Freshens Breath With Xylitol Helps with Oral Hygiene for Healthy Teeth & Gums 30x 10-Packs

Wrigley’s Extra Sugar-free Chewing Gum Refreshing Peppermint Flavour Freshens Breath With Xylitol Helps with Oral Hygiene for Healthy Teeth & Gums 30x 10-Packs

RRP: £15.60
Price: £7.8
£7.8 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

But the human digestive tract can't digest the gum resin. It's moved through the digestive tract by the normal pushing (peristaltic) actions of the gut. The gum's journey ends during a trip to the bathroom. Are Some Kids Too Young for Gum? So if you have younger brothers or sisters, don't offer them gum until they're older and your mom or dad says it's OK. Should Any Kids Chew Gum? Kids shouldn't chew gum until they fully understand the importance of not swallowing it. By age 5, most children will understand that gum is different than candy and is not to be swallowed. Almost everyone has swallowed a piece of gum, but few kids have ever needed a doctor because of it. You might have heard that swallowed gum stays in your stomach for 7 years. That's not true.

If you suspect that your dog may have consumed sugar-free gum or any other product containing xylitol, immediately call your vet or the Pet Poison Helpline (800-213-6680). But now what?! Rumors say gum stays in your stomach undigested for up to seven years. Registered dietitian Beth Czerwony, RD, LD, debunks this claim and explains what really happens when a piece of gum makes its way into your insides. Is it bad to swallow gum?Too much of anything can be a problem. Chewing gum is hard on dental work and most gums that are not sugar free can cause cavities. Sugar-free gum sweetened with sorbitol also can be a problem because it can cause diarrhea. Cinnamon-flavored gums of any kind may irritate the mouth lining. They can be hot and spicy in your mouth, as you probably know. Most dog owners are aware of how dangerous chocolate can be for dogs. But you may not know that sugar-free gum, which contains xylitol, is just as dangerous. What Is Xylitol?

The American Academy of Pediatrics says the occasional piece of gum is OK for children ages 5 and up — just be sure that before giving gum to your child, they understand that it’s not something they should swallow. It’s best to spit it out Why is xylitol so toxic to dogs? Xylitol ingestion causes a massive insulin release. The most common effect of xylitol poisoning in dogs is a precipitous drop in blood sugar, which can lead to loss of consciousness and seizures. Some dogs have developed severe liver damage after xylitol ingestion. Signs of poisoning can develop in as little as 30 minutes to one hour. Dogs are the only domestic species in which a toxic reaction to xylitol has been seen.

Xylitol is a low-calorie sugar substitute used to improve the taste of products that don’t contain sugar. You can find it in gum and candy, peanut butter, and sugar-free baked goods. According to the Pet Poison Helpline, calls about xylitol pet poisonings increased by 108% between 2015 and 2020. In 2020, the number of calls to the helpline concerning xylitol poisoning was second only to chocolate poisoning calls. You may be surprised to find out that other products that sometimes contain xylitol include chewable vitamins, dental products, nasal sprays, sunscreen, deodorant, makeup and hair products, some human medications, and even baby wipes. Xylitol is often included in personal-care products because it produces a cooling sensation and helps maintain moisture. The Dangers of Xylitol Gum used to come from tree resin. These days, though, chewing gum is made of a substance called gum base, which is largely synthetic — not made from any real food ingredients. Gum base is non-nutritive, which means it doesn’t provide any nutritional value, and is nondigestible, which means your body can’t break it down like it does other foods. That sounds alarming, but it’s actually not that unusual to swallow things your body can’t digest. Raw seeds, kernels of corn and the skin of bell peppers are just a few common foods that typically pass through your digestive system relatively untouched.



  • Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop