A recent client of mine needed a website building with some functionality that I couldn’t find in an off the shelf plugin. I decided instead of building it into the site like I normally would. I thought I would create a plugin instead, so that I can easily transplant it into any other site I need to build that requires the same functionality.
- UK Postcode lookup and validation
- Customizable email alerts
- Restrict to specified postcodes
- Export submissions as .csv file
- reCAPTCHA integration
- Multi-Page form
- Auto-complete addresses from postcode
- Upload `wp-postcode-lookup-form` directory to the `/wp-content/plugins/` directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Add this shortcode To the page you want to show the form. on:
- Create a page to hold the main form contents and place the same shortcode in it.
- Go to the options (Postcode Lookup Form in admin menu). In the option called “Postcode form redirect page” type the URL or page name of a page you have created for the main form (E.g. “/my-lead-gen-form/”). Now configure your options for notification emails, reCAPTCHA and Google Maps API key etc.
- You can manage your submissions from the same admin menu.
I’m providing this plugin for free to anyone who would like to use it. I cannot guarantee that it will remain free once it’s out of the alpha stage though, so grab it while it’s hot!
If you would like to donate a small sum to contribute to the running of this blog and to continue to develop free plugins here is a donation link.